- Iso lunge: 30-45 lb on chest. I used a 35-lb plate but had extreme difficulty holding it. It probably didn't help that I was wearing gloves, but it was cold! I switched to a dumbbell and that was slightly easier to handle. Will didn't say how much time, I'd already asked him two questions, so I did 30 seconds each leg.
- Altitude drop legs: 5. I started at 30" but struggled doing this correctly. I went to about 18" so I could do it right.
- Repeat both 6 times.
- Glute ham: 30 sec on, 30 sec off from bottom, 6 times
- Preacher curl: 30 sec on, 30 sec off, 3 times, 20-lb bar
- Standing curl: 10 deep breaths, 1 rep, 10 deep breaths, 2 reps, 10 deep breaths, 3 reps, 10 deep breaths, 4 reps, 10 deep breaths, 5 reps, repeat all for 3 total sets, 20-lb bar
Right after work (a little early, in fact), I headed down to Belle Meade to run with Anna and Valerie. It was light when we started, but quickly darkened and none of us really had many reflective clothing articles and we didn't have any lights. Not the best idea, but we were on lightly traveled roads at the end. Last week I washed my HRM and it wasn't picking up my HR, but I did get the rest: 41:15; 4.12 miles, 10:00 pace (7:05 best).
Anna picked the workout, and it was a good one. One that I'll have to try on my own soon. It was run 7 minutes, walk 1, run 4 minutes, walk :30, run 4 minutes, walk :30, repeat all that. Our times were kinda slow, but if I did it on my own I'd probably do the 7 minutes at 7-min/mile pace and the 4 minutes at 6-min/mile pace (or maybe 6:30 or something to build toward 6). Laps from the run:
- Lap 1: 7:10, 0.83 mi, 8:41 pace; walk 1 min (291 feet, 18:12 pace)
- Lap 2: 4:06, 0.52 mi, 7:57 pace; walk :30 (144 feet, 18:50 pace)
- Lap 3: 4:02, 0.48 mi, 8:27 pace; walk :33 (145 feet, 20:02 pace)
- Lap 4: 7:03, 0.77 mi, 9:10 pace; walk 1:13 (367 feet, 17:31 pace)
- Lap 5: 4:04, 0.49 mi, 8:22 pace; walk 1:01 (296 feet, 18:52 pace)
- Lap 6: 4:02, 0.47 mi, 8:36 pace; walk 6:27 (0.34 mi, 18:57 pace)
Altitude drop legs: 20 at normal height, 40 at half height, 20 at normal, 20 at half(I skipped this one)
- Bench press: 3 min extreme slow, 40 lb (this was about 3 times up/down)
- Wall squat: 5 min extreme slow (did the whole thing!)
- Phasic leg curl: 150 each leg
- Phasic front delt raise: 150 each arm, standing