Thursday, January 28, 2010

CompuTrainer Class: Torture Test

This morning was the 5-mile test. Well, "assessment" in Todd's words. Ride 5 miles as hard and fast as you can. I did it in 14:22, averaging around 185 watts. The watts really mean nothing to me, but evidently it's kind of a big deal. I should have looked at my speed after I finished, but I'm sure I averaged somewhere around 20 mph. About 2 minutes in, I started feeling the lunge presses from yesterday. But then I figured I only had a little over 10 minutes left, and if I can do a 10-minute extreme slow squat, I can surely ride hard for 10 minutes!

Lee, the first to finish, did it in 13:36. I'm not sure where I ended up in the pack (I think it went something like Lee, Parri, Cali, Lisa, Jennifer, me; and there were also Shelly, Jonell, Lisa C, Mary Fall, and Chatty), but I do know that I was 3 seconds behind Jennifer. Ouch. I tried so hard to catch her at the end and just couldn't do it!

We had to weigh in before we started, with our bikes. I found out my lovely Trek weighs just over 20 pounds. Sounds like it's time for the bike to go on a diet!

He's a heavy one!

Just for fun, I weighed myself before an after to see whether I'd lose any weight during the ride. I didn't drink much, maybe twice about 3 ounces each, and weighed 1 pound less after the ride. I'm not quite sure what I expected....

Today's amazing promises (originally given by God through Ezekiel to the people of Israel):
Ezekiel 36:23–32 And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the LORD,” says the Lord GOD, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes. For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God. I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses. I will call for the grain and multiply it, and bring no famine upon you. And I will multiply the fruit of your trees and the increase of your fields, so that you need never again bear the reproach of famine among the nations. Then you will remember your evil ways and your deeds that were not good; and you will loathe yourselves in your own sight, for your iniquities and your abominations. Not for your sake do I do this,” says the Lord GOD, “let it be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel!”
The afternoon workout was another fun one. I was surprised that I wasn't completely burned out from the morning's test—the only lingering effect was the headache that was compounded by every one of the 100 altitude drops I did:
  • Altitude drop legs
  • Glute ham (I'm sure Will didn't say altitude drops, because I wasn't even thinking altitude drops. I did them all quick-style.)
  • Front delt (1.5-lb weights; I dropped one early on and then the last one. Ugh! I repeated that one.)
  • Push up (100 push ups is a lot!)

No comments: