Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Feelings

The AM workout was short and sweet:
  • Push up: 3 minutes between two stationary bikes so I could be in the deepest position but still do the entire 3 minutes
  • Curl: 2×75 seconds each arm, 15-lb dumbbell
  • Lunge press: 3×3 each leg, 30 seconds work, 30 seconds rest
  • Low-squat foot jumps: 10×10 seconds (I didn't get told as many times today to straighten my arms, so either I did better or he was being nicer)
  • Lay on the ground, on my back, for a few minutes and visualize being healthy.
Then it was back home for a quick nap before work. Thank you, Will!

Work was good, lunch at the park with the geese, then back home for another nap. I don't like having a cold! Met up with Zach and Will for the evening workout:
  • Altitude drop legs: 5×10
  • Push up: 3 minutes between two stationary bikes so I could be in the deepest position but still do the entire 3 minutes
  • Low-squat foot jumps: 10×10 seconds (Will said that the last set tonight was better than the first set this morning. Hooray!)
  • Could that really have been it?
  • Lay on the ground, on my back, for a few minutes and visualize recovery and being healthy.
We had some good conversation about how I am feeling—like ready to race or not, how it's all mental, how physically I should be prepared to race. I said I felt like I could adequately perform during a 5K or 10K run and during a 20K or a 40K bike, but I didn't know whether I could put them together during a race at the intensity they should be at. That mentality/attitude is a huge improvement than what I felt and said a couple weeks ago.

No comments: