Thursday, January 7, 2010

CompuTrainer Class: Second Session

This morning's CompuTrainer class was a good but tough workout:
  • Warm up
  • Do seven 5-minute tempo intervals (cadence: 95–100 RPM)
  • (with 2 minutes rest between each tempo interval [cadence: 90–95 RPM])
  • Spin a few high-cadence intervals (2 minutes at 110, 1 minute at 95, 2 minutes at 115, 30 seconds at 100, 1:30 at 120, 1 minute at 100)
  • Finish!
The majority of the workout was done in the big chain ring, middle of the cassette block. Todd increased my wattage so I could do the tempo intervals around 2.0 watts per kilogram and I was thrilled! It made me work harder and made me feel like I was getting a good, hard workout.

Today is the first day it's snowed here, and because 2–4 inches, and then 2–3 inches, and then 1–3 inches, and then less than an inch of snow was predicted, nearly all of the state's schools were out of session. They call it a "fake snow day." By 9am, nothing had happened besides that all the salt trucks had already been out on the roads anticipating the snow. By 1pm, there was at least something white on the ground. There's still something white in the air, but it's definitely not accumulating and it's certainly not slippery out! The only result I can see is that my car is now dirty from all the preventive salting....

Can you call this snow?
I braved the roads (ha!) at lunch and did my AM workout that got moved due to Todd's class and was so grateful that it wasn't a long one:
  • Bench press: 6-3-1 EDI, 6-3 EDI, 6 EDI, little to no rest (I took 10 seconds), bar (45-lb bar)
  • Curl: 6-3-1 EDI, 6-3 EDI, 6 EDI, little to no rest (I took 10 seconds), bar (maybe a 25-lb bar?)
  • Plate front delt: 6-3-1 EDI, 6-3 EDI, 6 EDI, little to no rest (I took 10 seconds), 10-lb plate
  • Glute ham: 5 min iso, from the bottom
  • Crunch: 100 (quick style)
After work it was the PM workout:
  • Bench press: 6-3-1 EDI, 6-3 EDI, 6 EDI, little to no rest (I took 10 seconds), bar (45-lb bar)
  • Curl: 6-3-1 EDI, 6-3 EDI, 6 EDI, little to no rest (I took 10 seconds), bar (maybe a 35-lb bar?)
  • Plate front delt: 6-3-1 EDI, 6-3 EDI, 6 EDI, little to no rest (I took 10 seconds), 10-lb plate
  • Lunge: 5 min iso R (2:28), L (1:38)
During the lunge, I could hear people running on the treadmills and this helped me focus on running. Then I stood at the wall for 5 minutes listening to the treadmills and imagined I was running. That's hard to do but definitely easier when I can at least hear something!

No comments: