Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Freezing

AM workout (solo): 5 minute isos.
  • Lunge L (1:50), R (1:50?)
  • Glute ham (when I thought about running I felt like I was workign harder)
  • Push up (1:30, 1:30, then 4 sets of 30 seconds; rough!)
  • Scap pull up (1:30, 1:30, 1, and 1)
Afternoon: Run! I had an extra hour, it was daylight, and I went running. Just one time around my block (Moores Lane, Franklin Road, Mallory Station, General George Patton, Moores Lan), but it felt good. I froze, then warmed up, then froze again. Fun times. This was not a run for speed, which was good because my feet wouldn't have allowed it. Note to self: Dress warmer next time! Goal: Run 3 miles with the second faster than the first and the third faster than the second.
  • Totals: 40 minutes, 4.5 miles, 8:53 pace (6:40 best), 531 cal
  • Mile 1: 8:02 (6:40)
  • Mile 2: 7:52 (6:59)
  • Mile 3: 7:53 (6:47): I did not make it. The last 0.4 miles were the hardest heat-wise.
  • The rest: 1.5 miles walk, run, walk, run.
My fingers were so frozen they weren't even cold. It took at least 2 minutes for one to finally get cold and then start to warm up, and that was with my holding that hand in my other and putting them in and out of my pockets.

PM workout:
  • 1-leg dead lift: 6×3, 20-lb dumbbells, going down just enough to touch the bench
  • 1-arm dead lift: 6×3 each arm, 30-lb dumbbell
  • Russian lunge: 6×3 each leg
  • Glute ham: 50 reps, all quick off the bottom
  • Plenty row: 6×3 each arm (or was it 10?), 10-lb dumbbell

No comments: