Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Normal Workout

For the first time in at least 2 weeks, I got to do a normal workout. After yesterday's run, I was happy to be doing something that I knew I could do and do well.
  • Standing row: 10 sec on, 10 sec off, 12 times R, same thing L
  • Push up: 3-min iso from top on knees
  • Plenty row: 1:15 each arm, repeat for 2 total each arm, 10 lb-dumbbell
  • Lunge press: 30 seconds R, 30 seconds L, quick-style lunge, all the while pressing a bar up with arms (basically a whole-body motion), 6 reps each leg, 30 sec rest between R, L and next set
  • Altitude drop legs: 5 jumps, 10 times, about 30 sec rest, alternate starting leg
  • Low squat foot jumps: 10 sec on, 10 sec off, 12 times
I felt much better this morning than I have the last couple weeks. I definitely had a better attitude. Spending some time in the Word helped me focus, as well. Here's what encouraged me this morning:
Psalm 37:23–24

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the LORD upholds him with His hand.
Having a trainer and friend who knows God and understands spiritual battles is an amazing blessing. I would like to say it's an answer to prayer, but I didn't even know I needed someone like that until He met that need. I'm so glad He's in control!

Today's swim was better than last time's by 7 seconds and faster than the previous fastest by 5 (8:05). So for all my attitude/worry/uncertainness/lack of confidence, I still am getting better and really have no reason to be as unfocused as I am. This time did not include, however, my two stops to empty all the water out of my goggles—so much for swimming with only a headband and no swim cap!

The afternoon workout was much needed considering I didn't leave work until 7. I was happy to have been able to get away to swim earlier, but I was even happier that we got done what we needed to before the end of the day!
  • Altitude drop legs: 5 jumps, 10 times, about 30 sec rest, alternate starting leg
  • Low squat foot jumps: 10 sec on, 10 sec off, 12 times
  • Single-arm dumbbell row: 10 sec on, 10 sec off, 12 times R, same thing L
  • Push up: 3-min iso, wide, between a squat rack
I didn't get home until after 8:30, but I think I accomplished a lot during the day.

No comments: