Monday, December 21, 2009

Breathing!

Today I actually got to breathe during my workout! I was thrilled!
  • Lunge: from the lunge position, take 10 deep breaths, do 1 quick-style rep, take 10 deep breaths, repeat for 10 total quick-style reps, THEN switch legs
  • Push up: same methodics
  • Glute ham from the top: same methodics
That was all we had time for, but I'm sure there will be more of the same tonight. Interestingly enough, this workout, although the extreme opposite of last week's workout, still made me want to cry. I decided I couldn't, though, because I could have my one thing that I couldn't do but then I'd have to be able to to successfully complete everything else. So I stayed composed the whole time. It must be all the focus on oxygen that makes me go emotionally crazy.

After work, I hit the pool for another 500 (8:13). I think I'm going to stick with that distance until I can get down to 7 or so. Getting under 8 is the first goal, and it's definitely attainable. Considering I swim in a 25-y pool and it takes me about 500 seconds for 20 lengths, that's only 1 second per length. Doable, I'd say! So that's goal #1. Then I'll go down from there.

One more thing before the night was over:
  • Wall squat: 10 deep breaths, 1 rep, 10 deep breaths, repeat for 20 total reps. Try to do this from the bottom of the wall squat (hah! I lasted 3 and would try on various other ones, but mainly I just made sure my shins were always perpendicular to the ground). Total time: 20 minutes.
  • Push up: 10 deep breaths, 1 rep, 10 deep breaths, repeat for 20 total reps. My wrists are still sore even though I did at least half on my fists. Total time: 20 minutes. And yes, despite the fact that it is 60* in my apt, I was sweating after doing these.

No comments: