- Breathe three times, time inhale and exhale holding breath, repeat at least 3 times until times are consistent. Times: 18 and 45.
- Wall squat: 30-second iso, 45 seconds of quick-style reps while holding breath after exhaling.
- Glute ham: same
- Lunge R, L: same
- Push up: same
- Curl: same, w/ 5-lb dumbbells
- Front delt: same, w/ 1.5-lb dumbbells, iso at bottom
- Repeat #1. Times: 20 and 45
After work, I headed to the Y to do a little swimming. Yes, I got back in the pool. It had been exactly a month since I'd last been in, so I determined it was time to return. I did a good 500 yards for my first time back in; I had hoped to get in 1,500, but when I walked in I saw they were giving free chair massages for the next 15 minutes only--at that point, that took priority over a few extra yards of swimming.
Then it was back home for the real PM workout:
- Figure out your breathing times. I was all over the board tonight and just went with 65 seconds. For the exhale times, I was typically in the low- to mid-twenties; for the inhale times, I was between 55 and 75 seconds. Split half-way: 65 seconds.
No isos today, just quick-style reps.
- Front delt: I used my 8-lb med ball since I don't have 10 pounds and didn't want to go to the Cabana.
- Scap pull up
- Wall squat