Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday Run

It was cold and wet today, but since neither of us looked at the weather and I was ready to go, we ran today. I had wanted to try something other than our run-as-fast-as-you-can-for-as-long-as-you-can runs that I'd been doing: Set my watch for 6 minutes and see how far I can go. Will said maybe next time; today he had something else in mind. We went over to Centennial for the track, I did my little breathing (or not breathing) thing, and then ran 3 times around the track. I made it significantly farther each time, especially on the last one (after which I said I had been determined to go farther and that's why I did).

It helped that Will gave me a little speech about being in a race and wanting to win before the last one. I think I just needed the motivation and the connection between what I was doing and an actual race. That helped me focus and run better.

For later, he gave me something different. I was so happy to work on something other than what we'd been doing the rest of the week! 5 minutes, extreme slow:
  • Lunge
  • Glute ham from the top
  • Push up
  • Curl with light bar
  • Then I did crunch (I couldn't remember whether he'd said to do that or not)

No comments: