Sunday, February 28, 2010

End of the Week!

Today's swim and run went mostly as planned, and although I didn't quite succeed in fulfilling this week's goal to "Gather momentum by completing all workouts as prescribed," I did mostly everything as prescribed and did all but one of the workouts (14 of the 15).

The 2,100 swim today was this:
  • 300 warm up
  • 1500 straight (10:43.88 [pretty sure I added 50 here], 9:51.10, 9:41.12 for 31:16.10 total)
  • 300 cool down
I swam at MFY this morning, which is a 25-meter pool compared to the 25-yard pools at BFY and DHY. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal on the shorter workouts, but when my stroke count and breathing is always off, on every lap, I get a little thrown off. According to onlineconversion.com, my 1,500 meters is the same as if I would have swam 1,640 yards (another 6 lengths of the pool). All races are measured in meters, so I'm glad I will be swimming in a meter pool once a week, but it's kinda depressing to see my times today for 500s when I know I can swim 500 yards under 8 minutes. Oh, well, enough looking back. Time to focus on improving in the future.
Philippians 3:12-14 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
After the swim I did a quick 15-minute run. I had intended to run the requisite 50 but wasn't prepared with enough warm clothes to combat my wet hair. Instead, it was more of a transition run, during which I felt great.

Then I had to do 5 minutes extreme slow. I was plenty warm and worked hard. My HR never got above 115, but that doesn't show how hard my muscles were working!
  • Bench press: 30-lb bar
  • Standing curl: 12-lb bar
  • Seated plate front delt: 5-lb plate
  • Glute ham from top
  • Lunge (stayed at the bottom when I got to the bottom)
  • Zurcher squat: 12-lb bar
The squat was the hardest. Well, they all were hard. Then it was off to the family's house to watch the Olympics. Go USA!

No comments: