Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Back in Full Swing

Day 1 back into my training went well. Day 2 did not start out so hot, but it definitely ended well. I didn't get up to swim in the morning because of the snow—I looked out my window, wondered whether the Y would even be open, and went back to sleep. But I accomplished it during lunch, all 2,000 yards:
  • 350 warm up
  • 8×25 drills
  • 8×100@5sec (1:35, 1:38.38, 1:40.79, 1:41.15, 1:40.96, 1:39.34, 1:39.02, 1:39.92)
  • 4×25@20sec sprint (18.77, 18.33, 18.69, 19.83)
  • 8×25 kick (no flippers since I left mine at home)
  • 350 cool down
This took me about 40 minutes. Had I gone all out with no rest, I thought it would have taken me about 32 minutes, so this was definitely faster than I'd expected. And I was quite consistent—within 6 seconds for all the hundreds and all right around where I'd been last month (the last time I'd been swimming), and within 1 second on the 25s. These will be good benchmarks for the rest of the training season.

After work, it was off to the trainer for a 1:10 ride. The warm up was one time through my favorite CD, tracks 1-5, 1 minute of quiet time, 7×20 seconds @ 2 minutes rest power intervals (high gear) with no music, one more time through my favorite CD, set on random, 1 minute of quiet time. Supper, trying to figure out how to make my HRM pick up my HR, off to bed!

1 comment:

Two Thrifty Sisters said...

Hi!

I just had to drop by and tell you thank you for sharing with Laurie at Publix Penny Pincher how to change the HTML on your blog so that links open in a new window. We've been needing to do that for months at Two Thrifty Sisters, and thanks to you, it took me all of about 30 seconds to do it! This will be a huge help to our readers and to us, so thanks!

And I appreciate what you're doing with your blog, too - you're really an inspiration. I run, but nowhere near as much as you! I did run 6 miles Sunday, though, for the first time in 10 years (a wedding and 3 kids ago!), so that was a milestone to be happy about.

Keep up the good work, and thanks again!

Rebekah
(One of the) Two Thrifty Sisters