Thursday, February 11, 2010

CompuTrainer Class: Building Aerobic Capacity

This morning's class was the first in a new session at Endeavor Performance, and it was a fun one. We warmed up for 15 minutes and then got down to business: 5 minutes at 80 RPM, 2 minutes at 95 RPM, 5 minutes at 110 RPM, 5 minutes rest, repeat for 4 total 12-minute work sections and 3 rest sections. We didn't have much cool down since some of us had to go to work, but we definitely worked hard! Thankfully we had some great treats to refuel, since Parri brought delicious blueberry muffins for us all to enjoy.

Considering that this was my first workout of any kind since Saturday morning (unless you count the lunges I did on Sunday) and my first ride since last Thursday's class, I wasn't sure how I'd ride. But I felt great and ended up riding 33.5 miles in the 1:20 we were on the bike, completing 24.75 miles in the first hour! Probably one of the longest distance I've gone in an hour, and that was with a slow cadence for about a third of the time.

When I went to take a shower, a note greeted me from the mirror:

"You are so strong"
Sometimes my little camera takes crappy pictures, and this was one of those times. But I remember what the note said. How cool is that? It likely wasn't written just for me (who knows how many people use that bathroom?), but it made me smile nonetheless And look, I'm enjoying Parri's blueberry muffin!

After work, Valerie, Anna, and I went for a 4-ish-mile run around Centennial Park. The park, like Pinkerton Park, has a 1-mile loop that we went around something like 4 times. We didn't start at the start or end and the end, so it was kind of hard to tell. 7 minutes running, 1 minute walking, 4 times, then Anna and I did another few minutes. She said total it was 40 minutes. I had no agenda, no idea how fast we were running, looked at my watched only a few times, and felt great. I said I could have kept going all night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That post it has been there a while...Jay

Unknown said...

Aww...and I thought I was special :-) Well, someone thinks someone else is strong, and since I don't know who those someones are, let's say we're all strong!