Thursday, February 26, 2009

Swim #3; Rball!; 5 min

No one else was in the pool this morning. Amazing. That meant I could totally focus on my 16×25, 400, and 16×25, so I did. I started earlier this morning than I did last time I did this swim, and I still completed the same amount. Ugh.
  • 300 warmup, 8×50 drills
  • 16×25 @ 10 seconds (each length was between 19–21 seconds)
  • 1×400 @ 60 seconds (7:18.73; hundred splits at 1:47.10, 1:50.21, 1:49.89, 1:51.52) (last time was 7:12.60)
  • 16×25 @ 10 seconds (each length was between 19–21 seconds) (21:39 total) (last time was between 20–22 seconds)
  • 8×50 drills (I completed 2)
  • 200 cooldown (did not do)
I was supposed to ride 30 minutes, but I wanted to do something fun for the afternoon, so I decided to play racquetball for an hour. The last time I had played was December 4, and I apologized to Steve before we even started because I knew it would be rough. When it came to power and speed, I was fine. When it came to finesse and court sense, I struggled. I couldn't serve anything for the first few games because I could not control where the ball was going, and I kept getting in the way; fortunately the guys were gentlemen and avoided taking shots that would have nailed me. They did make me try a different serve, though, because they couldn't get the shot they wanted since I was in their way; they were getting frustrated, I think! So no ride, but this was way more fun! Plus since I'm the worst one who plays, I always get to play with the club pro, who's really good, and we won a few games!

Then, before Inversion, I still had to do 5 minutes of work.
  • Lunge R, L: 1:40 on R, 1:20 on L. I think my muscles just won't hold me up much longer than that. I still was working hard the rest of the time.
  • 1-leg squat R, L: As much as I hate this one, it actually felt really good today. It could be because I was really trying to think about lengthening my muscles and not pulling my knee or bringing it in like I usually do, or it could be because I was already really warm, I don't know.
  • Glute ham: didn't do because it requires 5 minutes on one weight bench and I didn't want to take that much time away from anyone else.
  • Standing ham: did it. I know why most people like this one--it seems easy.
  • Push up on knees: did it. The whole thing. Because I knew I could. It wasn't easy.
  • Scap pull up: skipped it for the same reason as glute ham.
  • Preacher curl: 8-lb dumbbells; did it.
  • Crate crunch: did it. The last minute was hard because I was trying to not pace myself at all and just work as hard as possible the entire time.

No comments: