Tuesday, February 24, 2009

6-9 Challenge; 10x30 sec

I really did not want to run the required 30 minutes today (easy, I know), but I also couldn't do nothing. So before I left for the Y I decided I'd do the 6-9 challenge; I knew it would last about 30 minutes and would be a good workout and warmup.

I ran a 1-mile warmup around the track (14 laps; 7 minutes even [3:42 and 3:18]!), did the set of 6 (1-min skips, 6 burpies, skip, 6 lunges, skip, 6 tuck jumps, skip, six 15-m sprints [at 2-3 sec]) in 9:29 (10:34 last time [1-29-09], did the set of 9 (1-min push ups [31], 9 burpies, push ups [26], 9 lunges, push ups [25], 9 tuck jumps, push ups [27], nine 15-m sprints [at 2-3 seconds] in 12:21 (12:43 on 1-29-09], ran a half-mile cool down in 4:22, and ran around the track a couple more times to finish in 35:50. I was plenty warmed up for the ISOs, which I knew would be fun as always!
  • Lunge with Russian Lunge: For both legs, I managed just about 1.5 minutes before I had to put my back knee down. But then I could jump for all the RLs and only landed on my back knee once (that's a huge improvement). I would try to stay up after each RL, but I found myself leaning forward when I would get tired.
  • Glute ham: It didn't say to do reps or anything, but I did 1 rep all the way to the top at each interval. I wish I could have heard the guys who were using the bench across from me, because their conversation sounded interesting but I was supposed to be focusing on what I was doing. FOCUS!!
  • Push up on knees: On the first 6, I managed to push up all the way up. On the last 4, I could push up some, but when I would come back down (slowly), I couldn't hold myself up and would have to reset.
  • Curl: No partner, but I tried to pretend I had one by thinking I was pulling up against someone (lengthening my biceps and keeping my legs engaged the entire time).
  • Crate crunch: I crunched up at every interval again, and it was definitely hard by the last few!
I missed #2 swim this morning due to sleeping in. I'm going to make it up on Friday when I have only one other workout.

No comments: