Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ice Skating!

Not sure what I did differently yesterday, but my legs were tired today! Oh, well, I still rode a good, hard hour on the bike (30 min short because someone was waiting) and 30 minutes on the elliptical. I followed that with some core work. Now the fun part of my Saturday!

My cousin Lauren's birthday was a week or so ago and I missed the festivities because I was running. So I decided a fun Saturday should make up for it. She's a quality-time girl and I knew she'd love whatever we did. We ate at McDougal's (her choice--it was good, though; chicken fingers and fries, plus free ice cream for dessert) for lunch and then went ice skating!

Getting ready to go in


Lauren showing off her mad skills on the ice

Considering Lauren hadn't been skating much (twice, she said), she did really well. She only fell a few times, and a few other times she came close but after an hour she started getting comfortable enough to be able to keep herself from falling.

We were feeling pretty comfortable here!

We tried a few arcade games, including Dance Dance Revolution. Considering that she, at 10, has about 4 years of dancing experience behind her, and that I, at 25, have probably 4 times ever having tried, my achieving half her score made me pretty happy. I could learn a lesson or two from her!

Then we came back to my apartment to do a little baking, which I love to do and she loves to help doing.


Baking cocoa cuplets

After church, it was back to her house for dinner and more games. I don't think she'll ever get gamed out.

No comments: