Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hope; Swim #5; 10 6 3 edi

Psalm 39:7 And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You.
Sunset in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii; 12-24-08; photo by Mike Oppeneer


My hope is in the Lord, who gave Himself for me and paid the price of all my sin at Calvary. For me He died; for me He lives, and everlasting life and light He freely gives.

No merit of my own His anger to suppress; my only hope is found in Jesus' righteousness. For me He died; for me He lives, and everlasting life and light He freely gives.

And now for me He stands before the Father's throne. He shows His wounded hands and names me as His own. For me He died; for me He lives, and everlasting life and light He freely gives.

His grace has planned it all 'tis mine but to believe and recognize His work of love and Christ receive. For me He died; for me He lives, and everlasting life and light He freely gives.

© 1945 by Norman J. Clayton. Renewed 1973 by Norman J. Clayton
Publishing (a div. of Word Music, Inc.). All rights reserved.

Today's swim was 2,500m straight at a perceived 75–80%. Whether I did that perceived effort or not I don't know, but I finished the 2,500m in 45:02.
  • 10:01 (I might have done an extra 50m here)
  • 8:32 (I might have missed timing at least 50m here)
  • 9:35
  • 7:33 (4:44 + 2:49) (I missed timing at least 100m here)
  • 9:26 (I split the hundreds: 1:52, 1:53, 1:52, 1:52, 1:47)
  • Average of 9 minutes per 500. That seems really high.
Granted, this was in a pool so I had flip turns to slow me down, but the pros in IM races are finishing 4,000m in between 51 and 55 minutes (2008 IMoo), and my fellow age groupers are finishing between 55 and 69 minutes (2008 IMoo; HI qualifiers). Average 100m time for these finishers is between 1:23 (pros) and 1:51 (my AGers). At my pace today, it would have taken me another 27 minutes to complete 4,000m, for a total time of 72 minutes. Hopefully my pace increases over the next couple months!

Swimming at sunrise—my absolute favorite part of every race; IMoo 2007

The afternoon held a 45-minute run (10K/6mi in 46:29 with 2-mile splits at 14:56 [downhill], 16:05 [hilly], and 15:28 [hilly but with the wind]) at a 7:45 pace. The focus of this run was everything. Breathing, legs, arms, basically whatever. I just wanted to do it all right. Then 10 6 3 EDI.
  • Lunge with Russian Lunge: R, L, 2 minutes, L, R (1+ minute between R, L and again between L, R). I completed all without my knee touching and almost without leaning forward, although the last 3 were hard. Seriously, my legs felt like they didn't want to go up off the ground and then they didn't want to catch me when I landed. But I just did it. Because I can.
  • Glute ham: Reps to arm's length. The first felt good--actually right and I could almost lift myself off the ground without my arms. Then I did the next one and it was back to using my arms for all the rest.
  • Wall squat: Nothing new to report here.
  • Push up on feet: For the last set, 6 and 3, I had to drop to my knees and I STILL wasn't pushing up all the way; in fact, I didn't get all the way up on any of them. I don't think that's good, but then again, I did swim this morning so I'm not beating myself up about it.
  • Scap pull up: I did 10, then 3, then just an ISO for the last 10 seconds for the first set; I did 10 and then 2 ISOs with one pull up between for the last 20 seconds. This one is not getting any easier.
  • Crate crunch: It's hard to imagine someone holding me down on this one, but I did try to crunch up as fast as I could.
I had to stop by Nancy and Bill to hopefully drum up some company for Friday's game (I tried Lisa, but she can't come because she has to ride 3 hours and has 4 kids...a likely excuse). :-)

No comments: