Saturday, February 7, 2009

Outside!

It was absolutely amazing outside today. Lisa has been urging me to ride BToGS with her on Saturday mornings, so today I decided to join her, Parri, Jenny, Wendy, Lisa, Marsha, and about 25 guys for a little ride. 26 miles, about 1:30; just what I needed!

Riding from the Old Airplane Field

Then it was off to Will's second of 3 games this weekend. I rode up with Nancy, we talked a lot as always (I've pretty much adopted her as my Nashville mom), we met Warren and Will (I've adopted them as my brothers) for dinner, we hung out at the rink, and then we enjoyed the game. Will's friend Audra was going to be there too, and even though we didn't know who she was or what she looked like, I decided to look for her. I found her quickly--she was the first one I went up to to ask if she was Audra. That was in the first intermission; she sat with us the rest of the game and we got to talk and get to know her. Too bad she doesn't live closer, because she could be a good friend! Then we drove home. Fun times!

As we were driving, we noticed all the damage from the ice storm they'd had 2 weeks ago. There were so many trees and tree limbs that had fallen off or were hanging precariously; it almost made me nervous to drive, knowing that they could fall onto the road at any time.



Pictures of the ice...I didn't take any of the resultant damage

No comments: