Monday, February 16, 2009

For Posterity's Sake

  1. I love God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. I am eternally grateful that God sent Jesus to die on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins so that I can live forever with Him in heaven and have the Holy Spirit as a comforter while I live on earth.

  2. The Bible is my instruction manual. Although written thousands of years ago, it is living, active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

  3. Reading through the Bible in a year (in whatever order I decide for the year) is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made and something I hope to continue doing for the rest of my life.

  4. I love to learn. Anything. From anyone who will teach me.

  5. My parents live in Hawaii. Going out to visit them is fabulous. I wish they lived closer, though.

  6. My two blood sisters live in Wisconsin and New York with their husbands. My not-blood sister (roommate from college) lives in Oregon. I wish they all lived closer.

  7. I love my parents. And my sisters. And my brothers-in-law. And the rest of my family.

  8. I race triathlons and work full time. I admire those who race competitively, work, and have families they need to focus on as well, and I’d like to be in their camp some day.

  9. I lived for a semester in Spain. It was one of my most difficult yet strengthening seasons ever.

  10. I love anyone who makes me think.

  11. I can handle knowing only so many people and only so many regular interactions with them.

  12. I love training. I probably enjoy it more than racing.

  13. I broke my jaw, had it wired shut for 6 weeks, lost 5 teeth, and had multiple stitches when I was 6 (but I got my favorite stuffed animal then, so something good came out of it!). Since then, I’ve broken both thumbs, both pinkies, had stress fractures on both feet, sprained my ankles lots, and gotten tons of blisters.

  14. I can’t think of any decisions I’ve made that I regret—that’s not to my credit but to the Lord’s.

  15. I thrive on giving and receiving words of encouragement. This sometimes makes me less competitive in races than I’d like to be because I focus so much on encouraging the other athletes that I forget that I’m racing too!

  16. One of my goals is to become a pro triathlete.

  17. I race bikes and will probably never be able to keep up with Lisa; she’s too good!

  18. I tend to befriend people who up and move shortly thereafter.

  19. There’s something amazing about every sunrise and every sunset; I never get tired of thanking God for His creativity and beauty manifested in nature.

  20. As much as I love babysitting, and I really do, I want to get married and have kids OF MY OWN some day, if the Lord wills.

  21. As much as anything is under my control, I like to have a plan. Nehemiah is one of my heroes because of the plans he made and his desire to do God’s will and fulfill His purpose for his life.

  22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll get my Master’s in Theology.

  23. I like doing things right, and I like to do the right thing.

  24. Any outside activity is fun to do: running, riding, skiing, boating, hiking, tubing, walking, riding a motorcycle, open-water swimming, swinging, climbing trees, sledding, playing softball, and anything else you can think of.

  25. Ice cream is my favorite food.
This is a response I received from my Dad: "Hi Kailin: Mom showed me the 25 things posting you posted somewhere, and I want you to know that we're are very proud of you, and we love you, too! Be strong and courageous, do not fear or tremble at them, for the Lord your God goes with you- He will not fail you or forsake you. We love you! Dad." Mom called a few days later and said, "That makes a mother proud!"

No comments: