Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Spin; 5 on thru 40

Lisa went to spinning this morning (she brought her bike and trainer and was loaded down!) so I decided to join her (on the spin bike). I rode behind, hopefully the only time that will be the case throughout the season! Then it was work and a little 5 on, 5 off through 40. Besides dips, this included all the ISOs I know and took 1:20 to complete (with about a 5-minute chat with Wayne, some guy who was also lifting but wondering what I was doing during the preacher curls). He asked if I knew anything that was specific for the back, which I don't think I do.
  • Lunge: Never put either knee down. Either I wasn't working hard enough or I turned a page and can finally do these all right. Whichever is the case, it's probably time to try to pull harder!
  • 1-leg squat: Standing up at each interval was hard, but I did it.
  • Glute ham: I didn't put weight on the heavy bar that was on the bench I was under, and I lifted the bench up for the first 4 intervals. I tried on every other one but it wasn't moving.
  • Standing ham: Not standing, just bending knees for 5-second off intervals.
  • Wall squat: Definitely tired from yesterday, but it still felt good to do something different than just sitting the whole time. Then again, this was only 4 minutes total (including rest intervals), not the 7 from yesterday!
  • Push up: I didn't even try to push up for each one, because I seem to remember Will saying not to (I don't remember what I've done in the past). I stayed on my feet for the first 6 and half of the last 2, but I always started on my feet.
  • Curl: 20-lb bar. I probably could have done the 30-lb bar but didn't. My legs were definitely engaged the entire time, but I was more focused on that than my lats, so I'm not sure I got the full benefit from this one.
  • Scap pull up: I added 100 lbs of assistance and still struggled. But I was able to do a pull up before each of the first 6 rest intervals.
  • Crate crunch: All as advertised.

No comments: