Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dreams?

I dreamed today that Nancy fell asleep while driving and drove off to the left toward a driveway. The car came to stop against something, but it wasn't an accident. Neither of us was hurt, but she refused to let me drive. I also dreamed something happened to Will. He either wanted to avenge Warren (I don't know why) or wanted to get revenge on the coach who has been treating him so poorly (the more likely option, but not like him). I did not want to write the dreams down when I woke up because I didn't want to remember them. Mainly that's because I know something bad happened to Will.

Do dreams really mean anything? I know that's why I didn't want to write it down. We had been talking a little about dreams on the drive from Evansville. God, how do I know whether my dreams, I think all being from you, mean anything and have any importance/value/foreshadowing? Mainly they are somehow related to my day or days before, but could there be more?

This dream, for instance: Nancy and I drove home late, eating veggies to stay awake. I offered to drive, but she said she was doing fine and went the whole way. To me, her eyes looked tired, but, Thank You, Lord, we made it home safely. Nancy mentioned that Will has super long (sometimes prophetic) dreams, whereas she has short ones. Will's coach has relegated him to 3rd line, no captain, because Warren wanted to be traded.

Everything in my dream relates back to what I just wrote.

Proverbs 4:23–27 Above all else, guard your HEART, for it is the wellspring of life. Put away perversity from your MOUTH; keep corrupt talk from your LIPS. Let your EYES look straight ahead, fix your GAZE directly before you. Make level paths for your FEET and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your FOOT from evil.

No comments: