Tuesday, January 6, 2009

10x10sec

As I've said so many times before, I love doing partner exercises with a partner. That's even more enhanced after I've recently done one (Saturday with Will). I'm hoping to be able to work out some with Lisa once we both get our schedules figured out. So instead of 10x10sec manual holds, I did only 10x10 seconds. Not that it was easy....

2 sets, 10x10seconds:
  • Lunge R, L: I was really focused on keeping my front knee and leg at a 90* angle.
  • Glute ham: I did standing extreme ham instead; I started under a bench, but I kept moving the bench and lifting it up, so I switched.
  • Wall squat
  • Push up (on feet when able): The first 5 in each set were on my feet. However, I really couldn't push up quickly, so I went up only has high as I could. I'm not going to lie: I was getting really frustrated with this one because I couldn't push up.
  • Scap pull up (feel on ground when needed): Since I'm still at the hotel and push up and curl were both already on the list, I did the lat pull down instead. I'd like to think it worked the same muscles.
  • Curl (light bar): No bar and no partner here, so I used 10-lb dumbbells instead.
I also ran 2 miles this morning before work. I'm going to have to up the mileage soon to get on track for the marathon/Ironman! Then I went to class (where we 3 students and the teacher stayed from 8am until 6:30pm), drove to Sun Groves, which is an orange grove store that also has good ice cream. Suzcan from the front desk recommended it to me, so I went and had to try some of the orange ice cream. It was very good! I tried to find the Moe's that I'd noticed last night, but I didn't go down far enough and didn't want to go back because there had been an accident. Unfortunately I had to settle for Wendy's and the veggies from my fridge.

Ralph said something very interesting: He interviews for jobs just for the experience. He's not interested in doing an actual IT job--he loves teaching. But he likes to interview for various position so that he can know what's expected in his field and so that he can know how to react. He also wants to know what his students should expect when they finish his class, get a cert, and start working (or proceed through their companies' corporate ladders). Is there anything like that that I can do to help me improve as an editor, to help me understand what our users should be expecting, to help me make more of an impact for Boson? Is there anything like that that I can do that will help me be more of a light for Christ, spreading His hope and the truth of His love for us in the circle that I'm in?

No comments: