Monday, January 19, 2009

7 minutes

Since I can't run, I'll be working hard (as I always do) on these ISOs. Today was 7 minutes of work. One of my faves!
  • Wall sit--5:02. A new record, one I don't know if I can surpass, but man did it feel good! And I was purposely trying to work harder, because I know this is the one that I feel like is the easiest. Then it was maybe 3 times up and down until the end. I wanted to conquer this one.
  • Standing extreme hamstring--Yep, worked hard on this one, too.
  • 1-leg squat--Ouch. But I actually stood up by myself after the right leg (no knee pain, now that I know how to do it correctly). 4 minutes between legs. No knee pain on the second leg, either, but I did ask someone to help me up. It took at least 4 minutes for me to start feeling my hands, arms, and face again. It's like they're asleep, but I think I get so focused on the muscles I'm supposed to be using that the rest of my muscles don't get any blood. Plus that and I couldn't turn my muscles off during the rest period.
  • Preacher curl--5-lb dumbbells, 7 minutes. Yes, I held the weight the entire time and even curled up at the end. I think I am getting stronger.
  • Push up on knees--2 minutes, sit back, 2+ more minutes (I thought I'd only be able to hold for another 1, but I just started counting and didn't stop until I'd hit at least 60. Hooray!). I think 1 or 2 more times up and down.
  • Crate crunch--7 minutes. The only thing I was thinking was that if someone came and tried to take the med ball from me, they weren't getting it.
Yeah, that was hard. There wasn't even a note saying it would be tough; I can't imagine what next week's "hard" workout is going to be--it says right on my list, "This is a hard workout." Should be fun.

I went over to Marreros' to eat dinner and try to give them some advice about running and racing and stretching. Hopefully they learned some good stuff and will succeed in racing and teaching the other little Marreros how to do it right!

No comments: