Wednesday, January 14, 2009

7-mi run

Today was a short run (one-quarter of a marathon) at marathon pace. That was an increase of 20+ seconds per mile from last week's 13-mile run. I thought last week I'd be able to up the pace no problem, but I realized today I'll need the next 14 weeks to get to that distance at that pace. It also could have been that my stomach was trying to rebel while I was running. Now I know what people go through when they say they can't run during the Ironman. But I tried to push through.

  1. 9:22 warmup
  2. 8:20.51
  3. 8:20.92
  4. 8:24.64
  5. 8:13.35
  6. 8:13.25
  7. Cooldown ended up being super short because I lost my treadmill, got on a different one in the cardio theater, and hated the movie that was on. I lasted 3 minutes before I left.

Overall this felt like a very productive run. The pace was supposed to be 8:23 but that wasn't an option on the treadmill; it was either 8:20 (7.2) or 8:28 (7.1). I didn't want to run over, so I ran under and felt good. That's about all I have to say for today.

No comments: