Monday, January 26, 2009

10 10 10 EDI

Not much to report today; that's pretty much the way I like it. 10 10 10 EDI, 2 sets.
  • Lunge: Both sets, both legs were good. Hard, and I had to do quick reps, but it was good.
  • Glute ham: First set was 10 all the way up, then 3 or 4, then 2 or 3; second set was 3 or 4 all the way up, then 2 or 3, then 1 or 2. On the ones I didn't go all the way up, I went up to arm's length with slight assistance (well, that on all of them). I could really feel myself lagging and wanting to use my back more than my glutes and hamstrings, so I had to and will have to focus on that consistently; the whole rep should be one fluid motion without relaxing for any reason.
  • Push up on knees: First set was 10 all the way up, then 7, then 2; second set was 0 all the way up, then 0, then 0. Yeah, the second set was a struggle. I pushed up as much as I could; by the final 10 I was really not moving at all, just making whatever effort I could. It really shouldn't be that hard to do 60 push ups, but I was trying to give the max effort for every one.
  • Scap pull up: For this one, the focus was keeping my sternum elevated and making sure I had full range of motion. I used 100 lbs of assistance and did 10 6 3 on the first set and 10 6 2 1 on the second set. I had to get back on the bar to do the last one since I pretty much fell off from the previous rep; I had nothing left!
  • Crate crunch
Then I did some planks, just for fun: 30 seconds front, 30 second right side, 30 seconds front, 30 seconds left side, all in succession (2 minutes nonstop); then 1 minute back.

Tomorrow, the running shoes are going back on. I hope it's nice out!

No comments: