Sunday, January 11, 2009

10 6 3 EDI

Considering that it's currently 34*, there's no riding outside today. That mean another day off my bike, but I'm not really looking to get back outside in this weather. Yeah, I definitely need to move farther south.

This week was all partner exercises; I can't wait until this weekend when I can workout with Will again! Once every 2 weeks is not enough.... 10 6 3 EDI (10 seconds, deepest position possible; 10 times fast up and down; 10 seconds, deepest position possible; 6 times fast up and down; 10 seconds, deepest position possible; 3 times fast up and down).
  • Lunge with bar on shoulders: 2 sets. I used the light bar because I wanted to be able to do the entire thing without having to let go of the bar, and I did. Hooray! I definitely stepped in on my left leg, but I tried to adjust before I started the timer so that it was straight for the entire time.
  • Glute ham raise: 2 sets. I forgot on the first set to squeeze my glutes, but I actually felt like I was using my arms less and my legs more, especially on the first 10.
  • Wall squat: 3 sets. This one seems too easy--like I'm really not working hard at all.
  • Push up on feet: 2 sets. I started on my feet both times, but I absolutely could not push up while on my feet. So I switched to my knees and pushed up all the way for the entire first set. Then I made it all the way up for the first 5 of the next set but pushed up as much as I could for the remaining ones. I really feel like I should be able to push all the way up and get frustrated when I can't.
  • Scap pull up: I added 100 lbs of help. I can't go all the way down and pull up without doing weird things with my arms that make Will scoff. So I didn't go down all the way, but I think that's the wrong approach.
  • Curl: 20-lb bar for first set, 30-lb bar for second set. The last 3 were HARD!

No comments: