Wednesday, January 21, 2009

10x10 sec; Zumba

There was nothing on the list today, so I went back to another day's workout and modified it. 10x10 seconds, 2 or 3 sets (indicated below).
  • Lunge with Russian lunge, 2 sets: This was a struggle, but I was really trying to lift my legs up while jumping, not just jump. I managed to land every jump on my feet, not on my knee, and for that I am happy. No bruises! But I still have a long way to go on this one; my jumps and feet were far from Will's.
  • Preacher curl, 2 sets: 30-lb bar. This was supposed to be a standing manual hold, but I just did 10 seconds, up, repeat. I probably could have done 40 lbs, at least for the first 15.
  • Glute ham, 3 sets: We tried to do reps all the way up (not just to arm's length like normal) on Saturday and I really struggled. Now I'm thinking I just wasn't using my hamstrings at all. Today I did sets of 10 with about 1:30 between, all 10 up all the way with light assistance from my arms. That felt good.
Then I decided to attend the Zumba class. It was a little of everything (Latin, Merengue, Salsa, Jazz, etc.) and didn't require a partner. Just what I need! Unfortunately I found out that I'm worse than I thought--my legs and arms don't like to work together or in opposition, and that make everything a challenge. Definitely going back. I met Catherine, and we enjoyed the back of the classroom away from the mirrors and watching eyes. Yeah, struggles. The bad thing was that we could hardly see the teacher, but the girl right in front of us knew what she was doing, so we just watched her. Thanks, whoever you are!

No comments: