Monday, July 12, 2010

Experimenting

Today begins a 2-week experiment. We are going back to the kind of training I was doing in December/January to see whether I get faster between yesterday's race and the Music City Triathlon in 2 weeks. I anticipate improvement, so I am excited to see what happens. The only thing is that Will is not here, so I'm just going to have to push myself as hard as I know he would were he here.

Morning workout:
  • 3 min iso push up on knees
  • Repeat the following as a loop 6 times:
    • 50 scap pull up
    • 25 towel front delt
    • 1 bench press, 75lb
    • 1 min iso preacher curl, 15-lb dumbbells
  • GHR, 30 sec on, 30 sec off, 6 times
  • Lunge R, 30 sec on, 30 sec off, 6 times
  • Lunge L, 30 sec on, 30 sec off, 6 times
Afternoon workout (which happened at lunch because I don't know when else I'll find time today and which was SIGNIFICANTLY harder physically than the morning's workout):
  • Bench press, 65 lb, 10 deep breaths then 1 rep@65lbs then rest (as if another person was going), repeat for 10 total reps (holding the bar the entire time)
  • Rebound curl, 15 lb (Will said approx. 25, but 15 was my option and 15 was plenty) bar, 10 reps, rest, repeat 10 times
  • Squat w/ bar (I did it with a stick—no way could I have done it with a weighted bar), 5 reps, rest 10 seconds, repeat 10 times
  • GHR to arm's length Standing ham, 10 reps, rest, repeat 10 times
The afternoon holds a much-needed visit to Dr. Berger, dinner at Carraba's with Nancy and her friend Sharon (we tried Chuy's but it was ridiculously busy!), and baking for Anna's tomorrow and JO's Wednesday.

No comments: