Thursday, July 29, 2010

Deals

Tricia and Michael's wedding gift—my sister gave me a great idea for a gift since we couldn't find them registered anywhere.
Today's workout was all about being fast, fast, fast. Lots of phasic impulse exercises: 10 seconds on, 10 seconds off, 20 times:
  • Bent-over front delt
  • Bent-over row
  • Leg curl
  • Leg extension
  • Standing front delt
  • Bicep curl
  • Hip extension
  • Hip flexion
Sometimes I swear Will knows what I'm going to have time for even though I don't tell him. This was a workout I could do at home, and that was wonderful. It meant I could multitask, which was required to get everything done that I needed to get done. After I ran to Publix (well, I guess it wasn't really a "run" since it took me nearly an hour to find everything I was looking for and stay within my budget), I went home to do laundry, work out, bake cookies, roast almonds, pack, wrap a wedding gift, clean, and more. Training would have kept me out for another hour and would have meant no laundry or baking. Packing and wrapping are about all I could've completed.

Not the best percentage (47%), but I did get some actual food.
I'm pretty happy with today's shop. Although I only saved 46%, I bought some actual food (and some not). Nothing gave me overage, but the pop tarts (which cost $0.43 each) will give me a free movie ticket (valued at least $10, and I would never spend that much on a ticket) and half of it was for gifts. Here's the rundown of what's there:
  • Pizza: 4, $0.50 each ($2)
  • Pop tarts: 5, 0.43 each ($2.15)
  • Skillet meals: 2, 0.50 each ($1)
  • Mozzarella cheese: 2, $2 each ($4)
  • Dates: 2, $2 each ($2)
  • Limes: 2, 0.25 each ($0.50)
  • Raisins: 2, $1.95 for 1, free for the other ($1.95)
  • Dip: $1.59
  • Dip mix: $1.49
  • Olive oil: $2.19
  • Sun dried tomatoes: $4.29
  • Oregano: $2.29
  • Garlic: $2.99
  • Bow tie pasta: $1.15
  • Black olives: $1.19
  • Steak: $1.06
For some reason, this isn't adding up, which means not all my Qs go scanned and I should have saved another $3. Next time I'm going in a line with people in front of me so I have time to unload my cart in the order I want and then watch the cashier scan my Qs. Jacqui, my favorite cashier, wasn't there, so I had try someone new. Also strange, the cashier scanned my PQs but they didn't beep, and they're not showing up as PQs on my receipt but I noticed money coming off as she scanned them. I also forgot to count my Qs before handing them to the cashier to know how many should've scanned and how much money should have come off. Oh, well, I'm still pretty please with spending under $40 for all that stuff, which meant I could run to the Party store to complete the wedding gift I was working on.

All the food that could have cost me $72.37 but that I got for $38.61.

No comments: