Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day #2

I had a little trouble with some of Will's instructions this morning, but hopefully we can get it hashed out before the afternoon workout. Today is all 6-6-6 EDI, 1 set:
  • Lunge with RL (L, R), visualizing recovery between legs
  • GHR with reps to top (did first 7, then rest to arm's length because I wasn't using my hamstrings and glutes any more)
  • Bench press with 45-lb bar
  • Plate front delt (standing) with 10 lb

  • Z-squat with 30-35lb bar
  • GHR with reps to top
  • Push up on knees
  • Curl with light bar
We did talk about the visualizing recovery/stimulation and he said what he said was right—do both. That was a struggle for me and I don't think I did either, even though I tried. I don't feel anything, and that's what frustrates me the most. Anyways, after I got both workouts done, I headed over to Anna M's house for a great night of watching the tour with other cyclists (Anna, Lisa, Marsha, Jonell, Jen), fellow triathletes (Lynn, Kevin, Kathy), and some new non-cycling friends (Shea, Liz). It ended up being a late night, but it was worth staying up for.

No comments: