Thursday, July 22, 2010

Coaching

There are definitely some benefits to working with a coach or a trainer. The biggest ones for me are always having someone to train with (if you live in the same city, that is) and having someone know me well enough to know when I need a rest and when I need a shove. Yesterday I needed a rest and got it. Today was back in the groove: 3:30 extreme slow iso, followed immediately by 50 quick-style reps.
  • Wall squat, then body-weight squat (definitely not fast during the first 20, but the last 30 were slightly better)
  • GHR from top, then wall squat (faster on these than the bw squats)
  • Curl w/30-lb bar, then towel curl (1-second contracted pause at top and bottom)
  • Bench press w/45-lb bar, then bench press w/45-lb bar (paused at 30 because I was slowing down, but I picked it up again for the last 20)
The afternoon workout will be similar but slightly different: 1-minute iso, 30 rebound reps, 65-seconds rest, 3 sets.
  • Front-foot-elevated lunge, then rebound reps (all on first leg, rest, then switch legs)
  • Standing ham, then rebound GHR
  • Push up, then rebound bench press w/35-lb bar

No comments: