Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Team Ride

We headed out today for our weekly team ride, with the same number of people as we had last week (just Kat instead of Val) (me, Parri, Anna, Shelly, Kat, and Todd); however, we were still missing Val, Catherine, Lee, and Cali. Hopefully we'll all be able to ride together soon! We rode a good 1:42, 30.19 miles, 17.7 mph (40.5 max), 160 HR (183 max). The mph average seems low for the HR I was riding at, but considering the winds felt about 15mph, I'll take it!



Before the ride, I swam 1600, 8×200 w/20sec rest. I took too long doing the 8 I did to finish the entire 12 intervals, but it was also more than I've swam all month I think.

I made a batch of Bobbi-Bars (my mom's recipe, and yes, she really hasn't updated her blog in over a year) so I'd have some at least home-made treats. I know what's in them, which makes them healthier than any alternative.


Recipe for an 8-inch square pan:
  • 1 + 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup sesame seeds (I used flax)
  • 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 to 1 cup mini chocolate chips or mini M&Ms
  1. Mix oats, seeds, and salt.
  2. Melt honey and peanut butter. Stir in vanilla.
  3. Pour peanut butter mixture over dry mixture and stir well. Let cool 5–10 minutes.
  4. Mix in chocolate chips or M&Ms.
  5. Cut into small bars. My mom cuts them into 36 bars.

I also saw this on a car in the Publix parking lot and it made me laugh. Someone is proud about not being a runner!


No comments: