Before the ride, I swam 1600, 8×200 w/20sec rest. I took too long doing the 8 I did to finish the entire 12 intervals, but it was also more than I've swam all month I think.
I made a batch of Bobbi-Bars (my mom's recipe, and yes, she really hasn't updated her blog in over a year) so I'd have some at least home-made treats. I know what's in them, which makes them healthier than any alternative.
Recipe for an 8-inch square pan:
- 1 + 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (I used flax)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 to 1 cup mini chocolate chips or mini M&Ms
- Mix oats, seeds, and salt.
- Melt honey and peanut butter. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over dry mixture and stir well. Let cool 5–10 minutes.
- Mix in chocolate chips or M&Ms.
- Cut into small bars. My mom cuts them into 36 bars.
I also saw this on a car in the Publix parking lot and it made me laugh. Someone is proud about not being a runner!