Monday, January 30, 2012

Chauffeur

I got to play chauffeur today for the Farkases. This meant an early-morning run (0.5 miles to the fitness center, 2.5 miles on the tready, and 0.5 miles back home), a trip to the airport, work, returning to Farkases' to pick up Lauren to take her to dance, 5 on/5 off thru 40 at the BFY (with a few breaks to chat with Sean and Rachael), an attempt at yoga, taking Lauren back home, and finally sleep. Way too late for how early I have to get up in the morning.

The run went well. I started 0.1 mph faster than I have been, increased the speed every 7 minutes for 14 minutes, then increased at faster intervals until I got to 2.5 miles. It wasn't a crazy hard run, but I definitely was working.

Nothing super exciting about the 5 on, 5 off thru 40: 1-leg squat, lunge, glute ham, curl w/10lb dbs, push up, pull up, crunch. Though I did figure out how to work harder during push up or maybe I was just tired from swimming.

Yoga, on the other hand, was less than I expected and I lasted only 15 minutes before I walked out. It was something called Kundalhini yoga and was very weird and not relaxing or requiring an effort, it just was weird. So I left. I wasn't getting anything out of it anyway. I will definitely never go back to that class!

No comments: