Today wasn't the rest day it was supposed to have been, but I still did some rest-day activities! First, though, I had to get the iso workout done that I hadn't gotten to last week: 5 minutes, extreme slow. It was probably one of my best workouts. I don't know why, but I felt great during every one of the exercises. I worked hard, focused, and tried to visualize by thinking about racing or actually running or actually swimming or actually cycling.
- Bench (45lb)
- Standing curl (10-lb dumbbells)
- Seated plate front delt (5-lb plate)
- Zurcher squat
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups nuts, walnuts or pecans
- Stirring constantly, heat water, sugar, cinnamon, and salt to 236* (soft ball state on a candy thermometer).
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375*, then bake nuts for 5 minutes.
- When mixture reaches 236*, pour over nuts and mix well.
- Return to nut/sugar pan every few minutes to stir; otherwise, the nuts will not be completely coated or they will be very clumpy.