Sunday, September 12, 2010

Recovery Ride and Softball

This afternoon's ride ended up being only Lisa S, Leanna, and me; evidently everyone else was tired from yesterday or just didn't want to drive back into Franklin. It was fabulous having such a small group—it meant we could really recover, not push the pace at all, but still be outside enjoying the sunshine.
  • 1:29:00, 26.32 miles, 17.7 avg (29.9 max), 1,534 cal, 155 HR (179 max)
Then it was off to play some softball! I missed the first couple games, which we ended up winning by forfeit because the other team didn't have enough girls. Today, we had plenty and Kairos, our competition, also had plenty (well, almost; they did have to take an automatic out at the end of their lineup). We have some very talented hitters and fielders on our team, but unfortunately we started out playing like we hadn't played together before (which we hadn't). That led to an 11-8 loss, but we came back and won the second game by 1 run in the bottom of the 7th inning. Unfortunately I couldn't hit anything, but thankfully I could catch everything that came my way. Hopefully I'll improve my 0-6 (1 run scored on a fielder's choice on-base) during next week's game!

No comments: