Saturday, September 4, 2010

Staples

These messed with my ride plans and somehow didn't puncture the tube

Wednesday's flat tire forced me to get new tubes, and whatever I got must have been super high quality! Today I set out to ride, hoping for at least 1.5 hours depending on the route. I made it 4.5 miles into downtown Franklin and started hearing something weird from the back wheel. What's going on back there, I thought before I looked back. Nothing was flat, so I went a little farther until I stopped at a stopped light. I looked down again, and there were two staples stuck in my tire. I decided to not continue and turned around to head home, thanking God the entire time that it hadn't punctured the tire. I could have fixed it, but I didn't want to have to. As soon as I got home, I took all the air out, took out the tube, checked it and found nothing, and removed the staples from the tire. They hadn't gone all the way through, but they'd taken a little chunk of rubber out of the tire. So, I put some air in the tube to ensure it really hadn't been punctured (the air is still there, good news!) and put my trainer tire on. I guess I'll be riding that for the winter!

I didn't do much else today besides clean a bunch of cupboard in my kitchen (out of need rather than want, unfortunately), finished my 10×10sec workout from yesterday (squat), enjoyed the sunshine at the pool, had a great shop at Publix (pics and stats from that trip to come), went to church and learned about how much more worthy God is than idol we might try to put in place of Him, and watched a movie. Holiday weekends are so much fun!

This was a good Publix trip!
  • 10 bags of Kraft cheese: $1 each
  • 5 boxes of Muellers pasta: $0.35 each
  • 4 Kashi pizzas: $3 each
  • 2 boxes of Yoplait yogurt: $0.50 each
  • 2 boxes of butter: $0.89 each
  • 2 tubs of Cool Whip: $1.89 or so
  • 1 box Duncan Hines cake mix: free
  • 1 can Duncan Hines frosting: $0.94 (should have been 30 cents or less, but I misread the label)
  • 1 bottle SoBe Lifewater: free
  • 1 tub of Lloyds barbeque: $1.75
  • 1 bag of spinach: $2.29
  • 1 bag of pre-cut veggies: $2.50
  • 1 carton of eggs: 1.49

No comments: