Saturday, September 11, 2010

HOW 100

Anna, Susan, Lisa, Lee, Cali, Lisa, Parri, Valerie, me, and Jonell (not pictured: Shelly)

Today was a great ride with Team Belladium: The Hope on Wheels 100. We didn't do the century, instead sticking with the shorter 54-mile route

Me and Luke pre-ride

We had a few dropped chains but no flats and no major incidents, made one stop, and generally enjoyed the ride. It was warm, dry, beautiful, and a great morning. I don't have complete stats, but I know we did about 54 miles. The info I have from my bike says 50 miles in 2:38, and avg. or about 19.1. That was right about the time I fell off to ride the last couple miles as a cool down.

Talking with Jay at the one rest stop we made

The Garmin was on the entire time, but instead of letting it run after the rest stop, I accidentally turned it off. So I have stats from the first 30 miles and a few of the last 5 but nothing else. I can say that it was fast, not too flat, consistent, and fun. Everyone took a turn or two at the front, everyone worked hard, and we had a few others in the mix with use that we could chat with.

I went home and thought I might be able to ice my legs in the pool; I just keep hoping that it will cool off soon, but that hasn't happened yet. At church, we learned a little about the history of Fellowship Bible Church as s church and heard about some of the amazing ways God's worked to stretch and shape the church community and how we can always be affecting and impacting those around us. It was a great reminder to get out there and be and do instead of just remaining apart from everything.
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:16–20
*Thanks to Lisa S. for the photos.

No comments: