Friday, November 13, 2009

5 Minutes of Work

It's been a couple weeks since I've done the full 5-minute ISO workout, so I was looking forward today's workout. Morning: 5 minutes of work. Afternoon: 3 minutes of work. Also, this time I was on my own and had the timer (as far as I can tell, it's been since 8-25-09 that I last recorded times), so I could get an idea of how long I could go.
  • Lunge R: 2:26 before I had to put my left knee on the ground. But I'm definitely getting better about working just as hard with that extra weight off. (8-25-09: 2:15)
  • Lunge L: 1:36 before I had to put my right knee on the ground. I still worked hard. (8-25-09: 2:05)
  • Standing extreme ham: 5 minutes. Today I had shoes on and couldn't feel my muscles lengthening as much as I could the other day. NTS: Remove shoes!
  • Wall squat: 1:48 before my legs just failed and I fell; it really hit me all of a sudden. I continued with a series of up and downs, stopping the clock as necessary, and finally finished the entire 5 minutes. It must have been from the 3-min ext slow wall squat and 3-min ext slow squat yesterday.
  • Push up on knees: 3:50. Not quite the 4:35 from 10-27-09, but I'm sure I was working harder and more correctly the entire time. Will is doing these on his feet (and likely working significantly harder than I am) and is determined to hit 5 minutes; he's currently at 4:33 and that's my goal too. Only I have to make sure I'm working as hard as I can the entire time, which is what I was focused on today. (8-25-09: 2:50)
  • Preacher curl: 5:00, 8-lb dumbbells; probably could have used more weight but still focused on lengthening my biceps.
  • Crate crunch: 5:00, but maybe didn't work as hard as I could have the entire time.

Afternoon (I think it was the following):
  • 1-leg squat
  • Glute ham
  • Push up on knees
  • Scap pull up
  • Crate crunch

No comments: