Not too hilly, not too flat
- 1:30, 27.61 miles, 18.5 average, 2,030 calories, 153 HR (186 max)
Every cyclists sprint marker, but we all forgot until he passed us and was too far ahead to catch (and yes, it was a Brentwood City Limits sign, but I can't find any images; it doesn't really matter what city it is, though, because we race to all of them!)...but on the way back, Parri, Lisa, and I had dropped Shelly and Jonelle, Todd went back to get them, and we stayed ahead; we beat him to the last sign! Then the three of us took off. I had been itching to go and did; I knew we were within a few miles, and I pulled them for about a mile at 26/27 mph. They went around me up the hill, but I caught them on the downhill. This will be a great weekly ride! If you're ever in the area at 2pm on Sundays, come join us!
Prior to the ride, I completed another third of my mission (the final third was a run, but since I raced yesterday I did not run today).
- Wall squat: extreme slow 3:30
- Body squat: 50 quick style (short pause at top and bottom, but quick down and even quicker back up)
- Glute ham: extreme slow 3:30
- Wall squat: 50 quick style
- Standing curl: extreme slow 3:30, 15-lb dumbbells
- Towel curl: 50 quick style
- Push up: extreme slow 3:30 on knees
- Towel front delt raise: 50 quick style
Whitney and I were the only two working out at the Landing's fitness area at the time, and she was running on the treadmill while wearing headphones and watching TV. Nothing abnormal about that; what was abnormal was her workout. For the entire 45 minutes, the treadmill was running. She would run about 10 paces, get off, tie her shoe, stand for a minute, run another 10–20 paces, get off, tie her other shoe, repeat, fix her pants leg, repeat, repeat, repeat. I desperately wanted to ask why, but I refrained and let her continue. Then I laughed about it later. Maybe it had a purpose?