Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Halfway Done

Trainer Will gave me so many things to think about for this week's workouts. The main thing is visualizing recovery and using my imagination to help. I much prefer when he just tells me what to do and I don't have to think about it; creativity is not my strong suit! We'll see how Thursday's workout goes...

Today's workout looked like this; I've completes the ones that have a strikethrough:
  • Front-foot–elevated lunge: 1 minute iso extreme
  • Lunge: 30 rebound following immediately after lunge
  • 60–70 seconds rest
    • Repeat all the above 3–5 times
  • Standing extreme ham: 1 minute iso extreme
  • Glute ham: 30 rebound from arm’s length
  • 60–70 seconds rest
    • Repeat all the above 3–5 times
  • Push up on knees: 1 minute iso extreme
  • Bench press: 30 rebound following immediately after push up with light bar (20–30 lb)
  • 60–70 seconds rest
    • Repeat all the above 3–5 times
  • Preacher curl: 1 minute iso extreme with 
  • Curl: 30 rebound with 5-lb dumbbells
    • Repeat all the above 3–5 times

The ones with no strikethrough I will complete tomorrow. Here are a few notes on rebounds: rebound curl, light bar: Drop bar by pulling hands away quickly; drive back up THROUGH the bar to top; arms moving fast, and driving back up to the top before starting the next one.

I ended up riding an hour on the trainer because it's raining. It's really the only way I can keep a 6–7 RPE HR, and I succeeded today: 144 average. My average cadence was around 88 every time I checked. Not quite high enough—I guess I'll have to work on that!

And, due to the rain, no volleyball tonight. Hopefully we can reschedule and move from tied for third into third on our own or up to second!

No comments: