Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Finished Yesterday's Workout

Today's workout looked like this; I completed the ones that don't have a strikethrough (3 sets):
  • Front-foot–elevated lunge: 1 minute iso extreme
  • Lunge: 30 rebound following immediately after lunge
  • 60–70 seconds rest
    • Repeat all the above 3–5 times
  • Standing extreme ham: 1 minute iso extreme
  • Glute ham: 30 rebound from arm’s length
  • 60–70 seconds rest
    • Repeat all the above 3–5 times
  • Push up on knees: 1 minute iso extreme
  • Bench press: 30 rebound following immediately after push up with light bar (20–30 lb)
  • 60–70 seconds rest
    • Repeat all the above 3–5 times
  • Preacher curl: 1 minute iso extreme with 
  • Curl: 30 rebound with 5-lb dumbbells
    • Repeat all the above 3–5 times
The ones with a strikethrough I completed yesterday. Here are a few notes on rebounds: rebound curl, light bar: Drop bar by pulling hands away quickly; drive back up THROUGH the bar to top; arms moving fast, and driving back up to the top before starting the next one. I was glad I looked at this beforehand because I definitely needed the reminder on the curls. Even still, I ended up doing 3 sets, the first with 5-lb dumbbells and the next two with no weight. I just did not feel like I was moving my arms fast, and I definitely wasn't thinking about driving my chest up. It turned out to be a good thing, too, because then I swam a little right after. I didn't do the entire swim, but it was more yardage than I've done in the last maybe 3 weeks? The focus of the swim was keeping my chest up and kicking. Just kicking. If I can get my legs to work effectively during the swim, I hope to see better overall results. And 30 glute ham rebound reps, 3 times, is a lot. It's a good thing I didn't do these yesterday when I was doing push up, though I was really trying to use my glutes and hamstrings the entire time—I'd be interested to see what these actually look like to the average observer.

No comments: