Today I headed back to the pool at the DHY for a 700. I'd wanted to get 800 in (100 more than last time) but got a late start and still had to run errands after, so it was definitely a short swim. Good thing I won't be needing fabulous long swim skills for this coming season!
1:38, 1:51, 1:52, 1:50, 1:51, 40sec rest, 1:42 (without the pull buoy), 18sec rest, 19.33 sprint, 20sec rest, 19.38 sprint)
After work, it was off to the MFY to meet Valerie to lift. I am going back to some of my old workouts and doing my stuff from Will and she is still doing her stuff from Todd so we're not lifting together, but we still met and did what we could in the same place so we could talk!
- Altitude drop legs: 10×5 reps, 5 breaths rest
- Wall squat: 1 minute on, 30 seconds off, 3 times
- Altitude drop GHR: 10×5 reps (20 seconds rest)
- Standing ham: 1 minute on, 30 seconds off, 3 times
- 15-minute break on one of the stair steppers (not a step mill) while Valerie warmed up
- Dead lift: 65 lb, 10 deep breaths, 1 rep, 6 deep breaths, 2 reps, 3 deep breaths, 3 reps; do 2 total times (breathe while standing holding bar); should've been 75 but I misread my note; I can do that much weight
- Bench press: 65 lb, 10 deep breaths, 1 rep, 6 deep breaths, 2 reps, 3 deep breaths, 3 reps; do 2 total times (breathe while holding bar up)
- Curl: 25 lb, 10 deep breaths, 1 rep, 6 deep breaths, 2 reps, 3 deep breaths, 3 reps; do 2 total times (breathe holding bar at top)
Then I went to church for the first night of Financial Peace University. Today's lesson was all about why you should save and what the outcome is if you start saving early. Time to figure out how I can save more!