Saturday, January 8, 2011

Keeping Up

Well. So much for my attempt at keeping up with blogging. This weekend I haven't done so, so it's time to catch up again. Friday I lifted solo at CSY and then spent the evening with Lauren. We had a finished the puzzle she'd started and then played a couple games of Sequence. Today I rode on a trainer for a while--just long enough to make it worth it. I would've stayed on for longer than the hour I managed but my feet were absolutely freezing and never warmed up regardless of the fact that I was working hard. So, that was it for that. Later I headed to CSY for a little workout: 10×10sec, 1 set. Will had 2 sets on the workout, but I did the first and wouldn't have been able to do another full set of that, so I just did 1 set of everything.

  • Lunge with RL
  • GHR to top
  • Squat with stick
  • Altitude drop curl
  • Bench (instead of pull up)
  • One more? Crunch maybe? I know I skipped pull up.

At church, we were challenged to answer the question, "What do you know for sure?" It was a very interesting exercise. We had about 90 seconds to write down an answer, and I came up with the following in the short allotted time:

Jesus came to earth—lived, died, and rose again in obedience to the Father. He has changed my life and saved me from the penalty of my sin, which would be separation from the Father and death. I will spend eternity with God. ...Jesus is my rock, but I'm not relying on Him for the little tings in my life. My parents and sisters love me. I love God, who is the Father, Son, and Spirit, and who loves me with an unconditional love.

After church, Inversion went to Cabana Nashville for supper. I had a chance to talk to a few people I hadn't seen in a while (Valerie, Jonathan and Amy, Jen, Ray, and others) and to meet a few new people (Brett, Courtney, and others). It was a nice, laid-back dinner, and I'm really looking forward to the start of the new series: You Can Change.

No comments: