Friday, January 28, 2011

Party Party

Today was wonderful. So nice outside, great running with an amazing friend, a productive afternoon, and game night with previously known and new friends. Can't get much better than that for a Friday!

After a short morning at work, I headed to Anna's for a run through Edwin Warner park. The sun was out and it was warmer than it has been, and we thoroughly enjoyed the sunshine and God's goodness and faithfulness in both our lives. We ran a 5K and walked the rest of the way, completing about 5.25 miles. My HR looks high, but it was definitely a comfortable conversational pace. Stats:

  • 54:41 total, 5.21 miles, 10:29 pace (6:52 best), 571 cal, 149 HR (182 max)
  • Mile 1: 8:22, 165 HR
  • Mile 2: 8:16, 168 HR
  • Mile 3: 8:58, 168 HR
  • Mile 4: 9:17, 168 HR
  • Mile 5: 16:04, 120 HR
  • Mile 5.2: 17:25 pace, 111 HR

Then we headed back to her house to get ready for Josh's birthday party that night. Anna loves to plan and execute parties, and she did a killer job with this game-themed party. She had someone make the billiards balls cupcakes below, but then she made a dice (cheese ball with olives), dartboard dip (lettuce and tomatoes with beef and olives for the double and triple lines), apples with caramel (for Apples to Apples, which we didn't end up playing), suit-shaped lemon cookies, beef stew with alphabet pasta, and Scrabble-tile brownies. Sometimes I wish I were that creative, but God has given me some other great talents that I'm happy about.

Billiards ball cupcakes

Dart board dip, half-eaten

While enjoying the great food, we played a long round of poker. It took forever because we had 8 people and lots of chips. Even though I had horrible hands (I never would've won even if I'd stayed in long enough to get to that point), I enjoyed it. We played a couple rounds of Catch Phrase and called it a night. I'm so grateful for such good friends!

No comments: