Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Busy Day at Work

Today was pretty busy at work, and though I had a lunch break, I decided to not use it to go swim like I'd planned. Instead, I did one afternoon workout and called it a day. I did mostly the same workout as I'd done Monday, but I skipped the laps and the dead lifts and did lunge and standing ham instead. Definitely a good decision.

These were all phasic exercises that will hopefully help me be fast (since they basically make you turn your muscles on and off as quickly as possible). This is another one I need Will to explain to me again. It was the same methodics for all exercises: 10 reps, 3-count rest, 15 reps, 3 rest, 20 reps, 5 rest, 25 reps, 5 rest, 30 reps, 10 rest, 35 rest, 10 rest, 40 reps.

  • Standing front delt
  • Bent over lateral delt
  • Leg curl
  • Leg extension
  • Bent over front delt
  • Biceps curl
  • Hip flexion
  • Hip extension
  • 1-leg dead lift, 30 each side, 45-lb bar
  • Lunge L (2:53), R (3:03)
  • Standing ham

It was also a good day for grocery shopping. I haven't shared any of my shops lately, but this one deserves a post because I got some real food. Kroger has some good sales this week, too, and I'll likely be able to get more for less there. Here's what I got at Publix today:


Here's the summary:

  • Spent $13.94, saved $23.27, or 63%
  • Morning Star burgers (4): $4.82 ($15.64 full price; used 4×$0.75 MQs)
  • Publix pasta: free ($1.15 full price; buy theirs, get ours Publix promo)
  • Mueller pasta: $0.94 ($1.49 full price; used a $0.55 MQ)
  • Publix eggs: $2.39
  • Publix baby spinach: free ($2.49 full price; buy theirs, get ours Publix promo)
  • Fresh Express baby spinach: $3.69
  • Publix sugar: $0.01 ($2.69 full price; penny item Publix promo)
  • Kotex (2): $0.36 ($5.86 full price; used 2×$2.00 PQs and a $1.50/2 MQ)

No comments: