Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Training Log; mile repeats

I knew I wasn't going to make today's goals, but it didn't mean I wasn't going to try. I was supposed to do 3 times 1 mile in 7:03 for each mile. I know I can only run about 2, maybe 2.5 miles at a 7-min pace, and for whatever reason I ran my warmup miles at that pace. So that left pretty much nothing, but I managed to make the first mile (on a track) in 7:05. The other two were closer to 7:20, and I actually did one running 0.25, resting a little, and then running a quarter again until I finished the one. So I wasn't where I wanted to be, but I know I can do at least one on a track (it was hard!). I think I'm going to keep doing this week-16 workout until I hit everything; then I'll move to the next week or figure something else out.

No comments: