Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Training Log; 2 hours

Today's 2-hour bike ride was actually pretty decent. I aimed for another high-cadence ride and think I'll stick with those, since I actually managed at least 90% of the ride in HR Zone 2. Now to get my HR to that level when I'm running!

Now I also have more motivation to do the strength/conditioning workouts correctly. I have to do a few of the intervals at approximately maximum heart rate. Since I have an HRM, and I want to do them right, I have no excuse. Plus, Will said that if he were with me and I got all the way through without making it to my max for the last have of the intervals at max HR, he'd make me do them over again. I definitely don't want to do that. So I will do them right the first time and work hard the whole time, every time. I really do want to get faster and stronger.

Tomorrow will be the first test: intervals and, starting from 20 seconds through 40 seconds, getting to and staying at max heart rate.

My legs feel like lead and I'm exhausted, so it's off to bed and back to the gym tomorrow.

No comments: