Monday, October 27, 2008

Training Log; 3x30sec heavy ISOs

For the second week in a row, I was in the gym on Monday, my day off (but besides my spin this morning, I didn't do anything aerobic). I knew I was going to be working out today, but I didn't plan as well as I should have. So this week I won't have a day off, but starting next week I'll take Tuesdays off (and do my sprints on Mondays) for as long as Will is home and I'm working out with him. I did a 20-min warmup on my bike then 3 sets of 30 seconds each:
  • Lunge R, L, R, L--45lb bar with 10lb on each side; remember not to lean forward to stand up but to stand straight up by pushing.
  • Glute hamstring--no weight; Will said I did this one much better than I did last week--I was trying to focus on squeezing my glutes.
  • 1-leg squat--25-lb plate (I could probably do more); major flaw: I tend to point my knee (especially the back on) in. Ideally my leg should be straight so that when I run, my legs are straight and I'm not pulling on my knee one way or the other. Interestingly, my right knee came in more than my left knee, but the left is what has been hurting after I run.
  • Hamstring--45-lb plate; he didn't think I had my legs straight, but I definitely did and was still trying to straighten them the whole time. I did NOT have my entire foot on the ground--for some reason, I was standing more on the outside of both feet than also standing on the ball of my foot. Think about that every time I'm standing and walking.
  • Curl--45-lb bar; this was almost too much for me to handle, but my biceps didn't really feel like it at the end. I extended my arms too much to start, and then maybe I was holding back the rest of the time? I didn't have to lift the bar up, which was good because I don't think I could have.
  • Push up--33-lb plate with my hands on benches; it seemed really hard, but I think I must have done this on my knees last time. There was none of that today!
  • Scapular pull up--45-lb; the last one I had to put my foot down for the last 10 seconds. There's no way I could actually do a pull up like that with that much weight, but I can hang there and pull like I should be (at least I think I'm doing what I should be doing).
  • Dip--no weight, but I could definitely try at least 25 lb next time;
  • Crate crunch--35-lb plate; if I could hold more weight, I could do more, but I can't, so I'll have to stick with 35 lb unless someone is there and can take it from me.

No comments: