Monday, July 4, 2011

Firecracker 5K


If I would have registered for the Maryland Farms Firecracker 5K, I would have done pretty good in my AG (4th of 56). But alas, I just ran and thus have no official results. But it was fun nonetheless! Results are here. I got in a decent warmup by riding to the Y, but there really was no need for warmup given the humidity. And I found out that I can still pull out a little bit of speed (for me, that is) even with so little running: Mile 1 was 7:11 and Mile 2 was 7:18. My finish time was 22:06, just 54 seconds off my PR (which was on that course 2 years ago). And I beat my time from last year and was faster than in my only other 5K this year (Fangtastic 5K), so it was a good morning.

After spending some time at Farkases', I went to Crockett Park to listen to some live music and watch the fireworks. There were way more people there than I'd expected, but it was a blast. I enjoyed the music, read a couple chapters in my book, and was able to relax. Happy holiday!

No comments: