Thursday, July 21, 2011

Threats of Rain


I had hoped to ride today and was all prepared to. But the rain had come and was coming, and I decided that rather than get stuck out in the rain (with no tail light) I'd got for a run. Well, more of a run/walk: Walk 2 min, run 10, walk 3, run 12, walk 3, run 3, walk 2, run 3, walk 2. It was fun to run through a little neighborhood I hadn't been in before, too.

I also did 5 minutes of work. Will said to focus on not moving at all during the lunge, and that was way harder than I'd anticipated. It's always hard, but this was quite possibly harder than doing the entire 5 minutes. I know this because I was unable to accomplish the wall squat after it. Wall squat is something I can always do (in fact, I was thinking maybe Will should make me do it with weights for an added challenge), and since I couldn't I knew I'd worked hard! I did finish it later though, so I did lunge, standing ham, wall squat, curl (10-lb dumbbells), push up, and crunch.

No comments: