Thursday, April 30, 2009

Can't Get Everything Done!

5 minutes of work
  • 1. Push up on knees (3 min, 1 more time down)
  • 4. Scap pull up
  • 2. Curl (20-lb bar)
  • 6. Crate crunch
  • 3. Standing ham
  • 5. Wall squat
OK, so I did not complete them in the order Will prescribed (numbered is completed, listed is prescribed), but I did them all. And except for the push up, I did all 5 minutes with no rest. I really tried to focus on racing while doing so. For example, during the wall squat, all I was thinking about was the route of the Sumner County race on Saturday. I looked at my notes from last year and then remembered what else I could. There's one big hill about 4 miles from the end, and I just visualized myself climbing that hill and staying with if not leading out the group. And I barely moved!

Since I had to sign a new lease and pay bills, I wasn't able to get on the bike (probably a good thing, since I still can't comfortable wear shoes), so I didn't do the hour ride. You'd think that without being able to run and being barely able to ride, I'd be getting a lot more swimming in, but I can't get into the pool in the afternoons and I've been sleeping in in the mornings. Hopefully next week will change that.

Off to Inversion to learn about bitterness (bad!) vs. forgiveness (good!) and chat with Jen about the race. I still have a lot of work to do regarding the way I talk about racing and training; I forget until after that I need to give God credit; He's the One who's given me the talent and desire that I have to race, and I want to let others know!

My leg muscles are really tight, but hopefully I'll loosen up soon.

No comments: